I finished cutting and bending the conduit for the trellis and deer net supports today. I took a ten foot piece of half-inch conduit and cut it into a four and six foot piece. The six foot piece becomes a vertical support. I bent the four foot piece 90 degrees in the center and, combined with three others, will make a square that will be attached to the top of the vertical supports. The trellis net will be hung between the uprights on the north side of the box. The deer net will be tied to the top square and will be held secure to the base with shock (bungee) chord.
I started romaine, leaf lettuce, and bell peppers today, just a few of each since I want them staggered so I don’t harvest all at once. I took this week off to get a few projects done around the house, so you should see a bunch more postings in the next few days. I will be building a compost bin and assembling the beds and pest barriers. My kind of fun!